We can find fresh fruits and vegetables all year long, so if we want to have a healthy, happy life, we should take full advantage of the benefits of these delicious aliments. We can eat the just as they are, we can cook, grill or boil them, transform them in delicious smoothies or bake them in a cake.
But since the best way to eat fruit and vegetables is just as they are, fresh, we suggest you put them in a smoothie and drink them while relaxing with your family. And, because there are so many recipes that you can choose from, we want to tell you more about which fruit and vegetables you should eat, how to combine them and what benefits they have on your health.
1. Bright and yellow: take a banana and two sweet apples and put them in the blender. Add yogurt and some cinnamon, that will not only add some flavor but is also great for your health. The cinnamon reduces bad cholesterol and helps treating the cold.
2. Energizing orange: for an energizing smoothie, mix 3 carrots with the juice from 2 oranges and 2 slices of fresh pineapple. The pineapple is an antioxidant fruit, which supports the immune system, has fewer calories and carbohydrates and is rich in fibers. This smoothie is great if you are on a diet.
3. Red and green delight: mango is a fruit that contains antioxidants which fight against the colon and breast cancer, and the leukemia. Because it has high levels of vitamins A,C and E, mango lowers the cholesterol, improving eyesight and keeping the immune system strong. To make a delicious smoothie, peel a mango and put it in the blender with rice, almond or soy milk (your choice) and mix it until it reaches the consistency you desire.
4. Pink for your heart: berries are some of the best fruits you can eat! Either fresh, frozen, dried, made as a tea, a juice or a jam, berries will give us those much needed vitamins. They also fight against depression, delay aging, strengthen your heart and help the immune system. They are perfect in a smoothie made with yogurt or milk.
5. Spicy green: you can create a delicious and healthy smoothie by combining crushed flax seeds, ginger, a cup of spinach, an apple, celery, honey and mint leaves. This smoothie is great for your digestive system.
6. Blue mornings: for a day full of energy, mix a cup of blueberries with almond milk and a banana. The blueberries have the highest antioxidant capacity, the almond milk is rich is healthy fats, fibers and vitamin E and the banana gives you energy.
7. Red detoxifier: if you want to clean your body, drink a smoothie made from carrots and red beet. For more benefits, add some grated ginger.
Tip: doctors recommend us to eat 2 tablespoons of chia seeds every day, at breakfast. You can put them in a delicious smoothie, with half an avocado, half a banana, water, milk or yogurt. This will help you keep the blood sugar levels under control and cut the food cravings.