In the summer time there are a lot of fruits that we can enjoy. But how about making a fruit pizza? This delicious dessert has become very popular and many women around the globe say it's simply delicious! The fruit pizza is very easy to make and it will be appreciated by both kids and adults.
You can use any fruit you like, the possibilities are endless. So if you want to prepare this tasty treat for your family and friends, here is the recipe.
Preparation time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Number of servings: 10-12
Ingredients for the dough
• 115 g of unsalted butter at room temperature;
• 150 g of granulated sugar;
• 1 large egg, at room temperature;
• 1 teaspoon vanilla;
• 190 g of flour, sieved;
• 1/4 teaspoon of salt;
• 1 teaspoon of baking powder;
• 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda;
• 1 and a half teaspoon cornstarch.
Ingredients for the topping
• 224 g cream cheese (you can opt for the light version) at room temperature;
• 60 g of unsalted butter at room temperature;
• 240 g of powdered sugar;
• 2 tablespoons of liquid cream or milk;
• 1 teaspoon vanilla;
• Fruit slices (strawberries, kiwi, oranges, pineapple etc).
Here's how you cook it
1. Put the butter in a medium bowl and use a mixer to mix until creamy (about 1 minute on medium speed). After you obtain a smooth cream, add the sugar and continue to mix on medium speed until the composition is fluffy and light.
2. In another bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cornstarch. Using electric mixer, but this time on low speed, add the dry ingredients to the cream, not suddenly, but in three series. Once you have fully combined ingredients, put the dough in a plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for at least half an hour (the more you let it chill, the tender it will be).
3. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease a pizza pan with a little oil or butter. Take the dough from the refrigerator and rub it in the form of pizza, then leave it in the oven for about 18-20 minutes until you notice it gained a golden tint and has browned edges. If you leave it more to bake, the dough will become too crispy, so be careful at this stage. Before putting the topping, leave is to cool completely.
4. For the topping beat the cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl until you get a smooth cream (about 2 minutes). Add sugar and a tablespoon of liquid cream or milk, then mix the cream for another 2 minutes. Add vanilla and another tablespoon of cream or milk, if needed. Cream should not be neither too thick nor too thin. Mix it another minute, then spread it with a knife or a spoon on the pizza.
5. Decorate your pizza with sliced fruits.