Summer is the season when everybody goes outside for a barbeque and a drink, because nothing can be better than some time spent with your family and friends, while eating a delicious meal! But you must remember that the meat cooked on a grill can be just as unhealthy as many other foods, and that's why you shouldn't make any excess. So if you want to enjoy the barbeque but still have a healthy body, here are 5 tips that you should remember.
1. Buy quality meat: first of all, make sure that only one of your daily meals contains meat. And that the meat you are eating, has a good quality and it come from a reliable source. There are many alternatives that will give the proteins you need like fatty fish, tofu or lentils.
2. Do not burn the meat: if cooked in excess grilled meat can be dangerous for your health. That's because of the two substances that form at very high temperatures, called heterocyclic amines (HCA) and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs).
3. Include some vegetables: the grill is perfect for fresh vegetables like peppers, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, onions, radicchio and others. They will be the perfect accompaniment for your meat.
4. Try to grill some fruits: not just the meat and vegetables are delicious when grilled. You can make a delicious dessert very easy if you grill your favorite fruit. The sugar will caramelize them and the result will be unforgettable.
5. Don't drink too much alcohol: it is very important to stay fresh and hydrated so you can alternate one glass of beer with one glass of water or juice.